Free Palestine – national demonstration 24 November London
Whilst the Palestinian leadership of Hamas may have agreed a ceasefire with Israel, none of the issues at the centre of the ongoing conflict have been resolved.
- Gaza is still in a state of near siege
- The Apartheid wall in the West Bank is still being built
- More Israeli settlements are being built in the West Bank
- More Palestinians are being evicted from their homes and their communities destroyed in the West Bank by the IDF
- Many Palestinians are still denied basic access to water, food, healthcare and education
- Thousands of Palestinians, including many children, still languish in Israeli jails without trial.
- Nearly 5 million Palestinians are still refugees, denied the right to return to their homeland that was occupied by Israel in 1948
For all these reasons, and more, the solidarity protest in London on 24 November is crucial to show the British government and the people of the world that the Palestinians have not been forgotten and we will continue to struggle in support with them until they are liberated.